How to evaluate
- Ensure evaluation is integral to the development of an
initiative, not planned retrospectively
- Budget for your evaluation, taking into account
- who will collect the data?
- Who will analyse and process it?
- How will it be reported?
- Ensure your evaluation strategy fits your organisation's
quality framework (think about how you will disseminate your
- Involve all relevant stakeholders in the development,
assessment and review of the evaluation
- Develop a timetable to audit and review the evaluation tools
- Develop ways to share best practice
- Think about the style of the evaluation report, who you are
writing it for and how they will use it
Click on the links below for more detail and relevant external
Develop clear aims and
data types and sources
More complex evaluations